Troy A. Williams is a workers’ compensation attorney who practices in the firm’s Charleston, South Carolina office. Troy focuses his practice on representing the rights of workers who are injured on the job, ensuring his clients make the recovery they deserve. Prior to joining Roden Law, he defended workers’ compensation claims on behalf of Employers and Insurance Carriers for claims arising under the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act and the Federal Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. Troy gained valuable insight as to the ways in which Employers and Insurance Carriers navigate claims to attempt to limit their exposure.
In addition to his experience managing both sides of a workers’ compensation claim, Troy comes from a family of medical professionals, which helps him understand the medical treatment his clients need. He ensures clients are compensated for their work injuries and that they receive the necessary future medical treatment if their disability is permanent.
Troy received a Bachelor of Arts in English from Texas Christian University. He then attended law school at the Charleston School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. While in law school, Troy was a member of the Moot Court Board and the Trial Advocacy Board. He advocated in competitions throughout the nation, and he was recognized as the Best Individual Oral Advocate and winner of the Charleston School of Law Moot Court Internal Competition.
Troy lives in Charleston with his wife and their German Shepherd. In his free time, he enjoys hiking the Appalachian Region, biking, and rooting for the Horned Frogs and Dallas Cowboys.
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- Defense Base Act
- Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act
Bar Admissions and Associations:
- State Bar of South Carolina
- Charleston County Bar Association
- J.D., Charleston School of Law, cum laude
- Moot Court Board
- Trial Advocacy Board
- CALI Excellence Award for Legal Research, Writing & Analysis
- CALI Excellence Award for Arbitration Practice
- CALI Excellence Award for First Amendment Seminar: Church, State & the Constitution
- B.A., Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
- Editor-in-Chief, The Odyssey Newspaper
- Volunteer at Heritage Hospice of Texas