If you or someone you love has been injured in a hit-and-run accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The Savannah hit-and-run accident lawyers at Roden Law have years of experience representing victims of accidents, and we can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
We work on contingency, which means we only make money if you do. There are no upfront fees or costs to you, and your consultation is free. We understand what you are going through and the obstacles you are facing after the accident, and we want to help make this process as simple as possible for you.
If we determine that you have a valid case, a Savannah car accident lawyer at our firm will work with you to help you get maximum compensation. Our law firm has helped our clients receive millions of dollars in compensation, and we are ready to put our success to work for you.
Call us today at 1-844-RESULTS for a free evaluation of your case.
What Should I Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident?
Victims of hit-and-run accidents go through many thoughts and emotions after being struck and left behind by the at-fault driver. A victim may be stunned and physically injured while also feeling emotionally hurt at the injustice of the incident.
However, it is important to do certain things and capture certain pieces of information immediately after the accident, including the following:
- Call 911 – The operator will likely send the police and fire department to the accident scene to help with any injuries and to collect physical evidence.
- Seek medical care – Whether you receive treatment from first responders at the scene of the accident or if you go to the hospital or doctor on your own, it is important that you obtain medical care for your injuries.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene – Try not to move anything that is not obstructing traffic.
- Take photos of your injuries – Continue taking photos of your injuries as they heal.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of witnesses – Also write down their addresses if they are willing to share that information.
- Write down everything that happened in the accident – This should include any identifying features about the vehicle that hit you and its driver. Do not assume that you will remember the details.
- Keep all medical records of your injuries – This could provide important evidence later if necessary.
- Keep all receipts – This includes receipts for medical bills and items you had to purchase because of the accident, such as bandages and crutches, or repairs made to your vehicle.
- Do not accept the insurance company’s settlement offer without a lawyer’s advice – A hit-and-run accident attorney in Savannah can communicate with the insurance company on your behalf to help ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Our qualified hit-and-run accident lawyers in Savannah can help you put all the pieces together and fight for your rights after a hit-and-run accident. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Our simple online form makes it easy to get started.
Why Drivers Leave the Scene of an Accident
According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, an average of 1,500 Americans die every year because of hit-and-run drivers. The most common reasons a driver will flee the scene of an accident are because he or she:
- Is driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Does not have a license
- Does not have auto insurance
- Is speeding or driving recklessly
- Does not want to be caught by the authorities
- Is doing something else that is against the law
Even though a driver may leave the scene of an accident because he or she does not want to be held accountable, many hit-and-run drivers are eventually found and arrested for the crime of leaving the scene of an accident.
What Can Be Done to Find the At-Fault Driver?
If the hit-and-run driver cannot be immediately found, the police can examine the evidence from the scene to try to identify and track down the driver. This could include:
- Skid marks on the road that can help narrow down the type of tires on the car
- Paint that may have chipped off the car
- Cameras that may have captured photos of the car
- Witnesses who may have told police important information about the at-fault car or driver
An experienced Savannah hit-and-run accident lawyer may be able to help narrow down the at-fault driver in your accident. Your attorney may then be able to contact the at-fault driver’s insurance company for compensation for your injuries.
Call 1-844-RESULTS to schedule a free consultation with a Savannah hit-and-run accident lawyer.
Your Right to Compensation After a Hit-and-Run Accident
Whether you were a pedestrian, a passenger in a car or riding a bike during your hit-and-run crash, you have a right to seek compensation. However, it can be complicated to get the maximum compensation owed to you because the at-fault party is often unknown.
If you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, you may be entitled to compensation from your own insurance company. This optional car insurance coverage provides compensation for damage to your vehicle and injuries to you and your passengers.
Whether the at-fault driver is found and you are able to file a claim against his or her insurance or if you have to use your uninsured motorist coverage, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Emergency room visits
- Current and future doctors’ visits
- Medical tests (X-rays, MRIs, etc.)
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Lost wages and earnings
- Permanent injuries that prevent you from working
- Pain and suffering
A Savannah hit-and-run accident lawyer at Roden Law can evaluate your case and determine the amount of compensation that is owed to you. He or she can communicate with the insurance company on your behalf to help ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Fill out our free online form to have a Savannah hit-and-run accident lawyer review your claim.
Why Do I Need a Savannah Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer?
Insurance companies are not eager to pay money to accident victims. They are in the business of making money and will try every method to try to avoid paying you the full value of your claim.
However, insurance companies pay special attention to clients who have attorneys. An insurance company knows that the client’s attorney might file a lawsuit if the client does not receive fair compensation for his or her claim. That is why you need Roden Law’s Savannah hit-and-run accident lawyer who knows how to work with the insurance companies to help you get the compensation you deserve.
If you have a valid claim, a Savannah hit-and-run accident attorney at our firm will handle all of the details of your claim and help build your case by:
- Reviewing the accident report
- Communicating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Having medical experts evaluate your injuries
- Gathering further information from witnesses
- Analyzing the photos and videos taken of the scene of the accident
- Evaluating whether it is possible to discover the at-fault driver
We will also work to make sure you are not blamed for the accident. Under Georgia’s modified comparative negligence law, accident victims can only recover compensation from a lawsuit if they were less than 50 percent at fault for the accident. Even then, their compensation is reduced by their percentage of fault. Those who were more than 50 percent at fault cannot recover any compensation.
Insurance companies will often try to use this legal theory to attempt to reduce the payments they make to claimants. Our hit-and-run accident attorneys in Savannah will help to protect your right to compensation as we help you obtain the maximum amount you deserve.
If the insurance company does not agree to pay you the correct amount, your lawyer may consider filing a lawsuit on your behalf. Likewise, if the hit-and-run driver was discovered and he or she does not have insurance, your lawyer may file a lawsuit against the driver.
Because a hit-and-run accident has many variables, it is in your best interest to hire a trustworthy Savannah hit-and-run accident lawyer to fight for your right to justice and compensation.
Call 1-844-RESULTS today to discuss your case with a skilled attorney.
Contact an Experienced Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer in Savannah Today
After being injured in a hit-and-run crash, you need a proven advocate to handle the details of your case for you. Our caring Savannah hit-and-run accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve to help pay for your injuries.
Contact Roden Law today for a free consultation. We charge no upfront fees or costs of any kind, and we only get paid if you do – so there is no risk to you. Call us now to see how we can help you.