If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a bus, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The Savannah bus accident attorneys at Roden Law have years of experience fighting for the rights of accident victims, and we can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Our lawyers have helped our clients obtain millions of dollars in compensation for Savannah auto accidents over the years, and we can put our experience to work for you. We work on contingency, so we make money only if you do – there are no upfront costs or fees. There is no risk to you.
Call us now for a free consultation with a seasoned bus accident lawyer in Savannah. He or she will listen to the details of your accident and determine if you are entitled to compensation.
How to Protect Yourself After a Bus Accident
Accidents happen suddenly and unexpectedly, so it is good to know what to do if you are involved in a bus accident. To protect yourself, take these steps immediately after a bus crash:
- Call 911.
- Seek medical attention.
- Tell the police everything that happened.
- Take pictures and videos of the accident scene.
- Take photos of your injuries and damage to your vehicle.
- Write down the full name of the driver and the driver’s insurance information.
- Write down the license plate number and the bus company’s name.
- Get names and phone numbers of the witnesses.
- Keep all medical records of your injuries.
- Do not agree to a settlement with an insurance company without your attorney’s advice.
Protect Your Rights Before They Expire
Georgia has a two-year statute of limitations, which means you have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Savannah against the party that caused your bus accident. The two-year timeframe generally starts on the date of the accident. Therefore, it is important to contact an experienced Savannah bus accident lawyer right away, because it takes time for a lawyer to prepare a case and file a claim.
A successful Savannah bus accident attorney at Roden Law is ready to fight for your right to compensation before the statute of limitations ends. If we believe you have a valid claim, we will start working on your bus accident case immediately. We will communicate with the insurance company to help you receive the compensation that is owed to you.
If the insurance company refuses to pay the maximum compensation, your bus accident attorney in Savannah may file a lawsuit. A lawsuit must be filed before the statute of limitations deadline. Call Roden Law today to get our team to work for you.
Contact us for a free evaluation by our bus accident lawyers in Savannah.
Causes of Bus Accidents
There are several causes of bus accidents in Savannah, including:
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Aggressive driving
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Defective parts or mechanical failure
- Insufficient driver training
- Poor driving conditions
Whether the bus crash involved a car, bike or pedestrian, the police report will help provide information about the cause of the accident.
Once the cause of the accident has been identified, our attorneys can help you determine who was responsible for causing the crash and your injuries. These types of accidents and cases can be complicated because there are often several parties that could potentially be held liable for the accident, including:
- The bus driver – If the driver of the bus was driving in a reckless or careless manner and caused an accident, he or she could potentially be held liable for any resulting injuries.
- The bus company – Depending on the driver’s employment status with the bus company, the company could also be potentially liable for the negligent actions of a bus driver. The company could also be held liable if it poorly maintained the vehicle or acted in a negligent manner.
- Another driver – Not all bus accidents are caused by the bus. If another driver in another vehicle caused the accident, that person could potentially be held liable.
- The company in charge of maintaining the bus – Like all vehicles, buses must be maintained and cared for. When the company in charge of that maintenance fails to properly maintain the vehicle, causing it to be involved in a crash, that company could potentially be held liable.
- A parts manufacturer – If a defective part on the bus or another involved vehicle caused the accident, the manufacturer of the part could potentially be held liable.
Our Savannah bus accident lawyers will carefully review the details of your accident to identify its cause and who should be held liable for your injuries and other damages. We will work to help you get the compensation you deserve from the at-fault party.
Get started now by calling 1-844-RESULTS for a free case evaluation.
How Can I Get Compensation?
Georgia is a traditional tort state, which means the at-fault party is responsible for covering the expenses of the injury victim. In a bus accident, our attorneys can help you file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company to obtain compensation for your injuries and other expenses related to the accident. In some situations, we may have to consider filing a personal injury lawsuit to recover the maximum compensation you are owed.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident and injuries, you could be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Emergency room visits and hospital stays
- Prescription medication and other treatment
- Lost wages from missed time at work
- Physical pain and mental suffering
- Property damage
Because insurance companies try to pay as little as possible, your Savannah bus accident lawyer will work to help ensure you recover the maximum compensation owed to you. To do this, we will:
- Evaluate the police report from the bus accident
- Communicate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Talk to witnesses of the accident to gather additional evidence about the crash
- Review the details of your injuries and consult medical experts if necessary
- Review the evidence from the scene of the crash
- Reconstruct the accident scene to determine the exact cause of the crash
- Negotiate a fair settlement for your damages
Your Savannah bus accident lawyer will review all options for obtaining the fair compensation you deserve and will do everything in our power to build a strong case on your behalf to help you recover the maximum amount you deserve.
When Your Compensation Could Be Reduced
Georgia’s modified comparative negligence law says that personal injury victims can only recover compensation if they were less than 50 percent at fault for the accident. If they are less than 50 percent responsible for their injuries, their compensation will be reduced by their percentage of fault.
For example, if a pedestrian was hit by a bus while he or she was texting and jaywalking, it may be determined that the pedestrian was 10 percent at fault for his or her injuries. This would reduce the pedestrian’s compensation by 10 percent. If he or she was entitled to $10,000, he or she would only be able to recover $9,000.
However, even if you believe that you contributed to the accident, it is in your best interest to contact a Savannah bus accident lawyer at Roden Law. Our skilled attorneys can evaluate the circumstances of your accident and determine whether you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Can I Afford a Savannah Bus Accident Lawyer?
Because Roden Law works solely on contingency, we only get paid if you do. If we successfully represent your case, your bus accident attorney in Savannah will receive a portion of what you recover from your claim. If you do not receive compensation, you owe us nothing. There are no upfront costs or fees, so you will pay nothing while we work on your case.
Contact a caring Savannah bus accident lawyer today to schedule a free case evaluation. We will discuss the details of your claim and see how we can help you. There is no risk to you, and no obligation.
Call 1-844-RESULTS for a free case review with a bus accident lawyer in Savannah.
Contact a Qualified Attorney Today
Our knowledgeable Savannah bus accident lawyers know what you are going through after your accident. You need an experienced advocate to communicate with the insurance company for you, helping you obtain the maximum compensation owed to you.
At Roden Law, we always work for our clients’ best interests – not the interests of the insurance companies. Our policy is to:
- Put our clients first
- Be available for our clients’ questions
- Fight for our clients’ rights to maximum compensation
- Only get paid if our clients do
- Charge no upfront costs or fees
Contact us today for a free evaluation of your claim. If you are entitled to compensation, a Savannah bus accident lawyer on our team will partner with you every step of the way. That way, you can focus on getting your life back to normal again.